According to Axios, Trump Campaign Bill Stepien sees at least three pathways to 270 electoral votes:
- Stepien tells them the “easy part” is winning Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Iowa and Maine’s second congressional district. From there, the first pathway, and the one he views as most likely, is for Trump to win Arizona, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
- His second pathway would be for Trump to win Arizona, North Carolina and Michigan.
- And pathway three — the one Stepien views as least likely of the options — does not include Arizona but involves Trump winning North Carolina, Michigan and Nevada.
- Those states are where Trump will be spending the vast bulk of his time between now and Nov. 3, and where the Trump campaign is spending most of its money.
- The states in none of Stepien’s three scenarios: Wisconsin or Minnesota.
It seems like anything can happen, like 2016.